Going Back to Basics | Anas Munira

9 August 2018

Of late I've been finding it difficult to make time for my hair. I remember when I first went natural I had all the time, from washing my hair every week to deep conditioning biweekly and protein treatments every month. And I was the Queen of DIYs as in the only product you will see me buying was a conditioner. Now I have all the products and they lay there untouched. Mostly because I really can't seem to find the time. I've been so used to dedicating an entire day for my hair I can't seem to adjust now that I don't have the luxury.
But a girl still needs to care for her hair right?
I have found out that simplifying my hair regimen allows me to still care for my hair even when I'm busy and I am learning that my hair regimen doesn't need to be fixed. I make changes according to my schedule. For instance currently I'm unable to moisturize everyday so I properly moisturize my hair during the weekend and then if I'm able to I moisturize during the week to. I wash my hair once a month and switch between deep conditioning and protein treatment.
Sure my hair is not as healthy as when I first started but it's not damaged either. I am still figuring out ways of fitting my regimen in my schedule but through it all I'm learning that stripping it down to the basics definitely makes things easier.
                                           Love, Neera.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Curls Aunaturel. Design by Fearne.