Mental Health Check-In | Anas Munira

31 July 2018

As my calendar so promptly reminded me I had to upload a blog post today. I sighed! I realized I was exhausted physically and mentally. My brain has felt empty over the past few days and anytime I sat down to write something all I could think of was how exhausted I am
So I decided to write about that
To acknowledge all my feelings
I am tired.
I am exhausted.
I am frustrated.
I am angry.
And I feel guilty
I feel guilty because although I am stressing myself this is the life I prayed for. So why then am I complaining. I should just suck it up and be grateful right?
I am grateful. Truly. But that doesn't mean my other feelings aren't valid. So today I'm here to tell you that it's ok.
It's ok to complain and be grateful.
It's ok to take be tired.
And most importantly it's ok to take a break
It doesn't make you ungrateful, it makes you human
So take that 30 mins, or day or a weekend
Check in with yourself to make sure you are still ok.
Only then can you truly enjoy the life you work so hard for.
                                  Love, Neera.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Curls Aunaturel. Design by Fearne.