Things I Learnt In My Teens| BOLU NOELLE

28 December 2016


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope you're enjoying this season whether with friends, family or alone.
So, as you may have guessed from the second part of my name, I'm a Christmas baby-- I've just turned 20!
So here, I'm about spill the load of knowledge and little bit of wisdom I've gained in 7 years:

1) School ISN'T Life:
Don't get me wrong, education is important, and I believe whole-heartedly in making the most of it and working hard to achieve your full potential.
However, being a top grade student at 16 doesn't equate to success.
I realised this when, at 16, I noticed less academic friends had jobs whereas I did not.
Jobs provide money (which at that point in life was what I wanted) and ultimately is something that drives most people in the western world.
My advice is to work hard to fulfil your academic potential, because knowledge is power, and because a part of your destiny may only be achievable with a degree /high grades.
BUT! Do not sleep on yourself! Whatever your hobby or talent may be, be creative with it and practice. Don't spend all your time focused on academic acheivements- there is much more to life.
Take note of all the business owners and self employed people you know.. bloggers, photographers, musicians, sportsmen and traditional business owners too.

* Take this advice with a pinch of scotch bonnet

2) It's Okay To Let Go Of Friendships:
It's alright to allow the drifting to happen naturally. Some friendships will naturally die as you grow and glow through life. As you grow spiritually and mentally, some people's character may just not vibe with yours anymore. Besides that, even physical distance can cause friendship loss. As much as you're screaming 'squad' at 17, once you go to uni/work and you don't see those faces everyday, you'll realise which ones are there to stay.
My advice: Don't force the friendship to remain strong- you can't. You'll only end up putting pressure on something which is already dying and end up having awkward forced phone conversations when you'd rather be watching YouTube videos. Literally.

3) You Don't Need a Bae:
Stop it. In fact this learning point is rolling strong into my 20's with me. I won't be that annoying auntie that says teen relationships are nonsense because I don't believe that.
What I do believe is that a lot of girls and guys too feel a mad pressure to be with someone (especially during 'cuffing season' aka winter). Evaluate your reasoning. Why do you feel you need that? Feel lonely? Learn to love your own company. You're bored? Find a hobby and practice your talents. Any other reasons, slide into my DM's we can talk. LOL.
On a serious note, I don't believe in the idea of looking for bae; If it's going to happen (and it will at some point in life)- it will happen naturally and feel so good.
Honestly, it's exhausting looking for bae and doing a background check and full analysis of every person you encounter trying to see if they fit your desires.
And what exactly are your desires at 14? LOL- GIRL BYE.

4) No One Cares.
Honestly, truly. No one cares if you're trying, but they will once you start doing. I'm still learning this now. Less talk, more action.
I can't tell you the number of times I've suffered from anxiety or felt miserable simply because of my failure to put my lengthy talk into action.
Music, dancing, football, writing, designing..
Really, how hard is it to take that first step?

5) Like Yourself.
It is easy to say "love yourself", and to some extent, you probably already do. But do you actually like yourself? The way you think, the way you do things, the way you talk, the way you look.. the way you treat people?
You are so powerful and capable of changing things you dislike.
Things you can't change, you can't change. That's it, you actually can't. So, yeah. Stop thinking about it.

6) Do Stuff.
Do stuff and go to places. While you have less responsibilities, try new things. Not just for the sake of taking it up as a talent, but do things for the experience.

do not stay in your comfort zone
DO NOT STAY IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE
Do Not Stay In Your Comfort Zone
Do not stay in your comfort zone

Nothing grows there.

7) Grow Spiritually.
Life isn't just about the physical glow up.

If you believe in God, form a relationship with God.
If not, why not explore beliefs? Whatever you believe, grow and glow spiritually. It will build you up, honestly.

8) Be You
On that note, stay true to your beliefs. Be confident in who and what you are and don't be so easily swayed. Whether its whether you want to take part in something, beliefs regarding relationships, opportunities etc, be bold in your decisions.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Curls Aunaturel. Design by Fearne.