The One Skincare Rule We Are All Failing At | Anas Munira

16 August 2018

I've traveled so much in the past few weeks and as a result my skin suffered. In my bid to get my skin right again I went on a hunt for sunscreen and boy what a hunt it was!
I mean for a country that has sun for pretty much the most part of the year, you would think we would have sunscreen in abundance but no. There I was walking into cosmetic shops after shop to no avail. My big surprise was walking into one shop to find out their sunscreen had expired and they don't know when they will have some in stock(insert eye roll moment) 
I found myself going from surprised to frustrated to angry! Then I decided maybe we all need a lesson.
So here it is:

We All Need Sunscreen!

Yep as short and as simple as that.
And if skin cancer is not a good enough reason for you here are 5 more reasons why you really should be using sunscreen:
1. It slows down the development of premature ageing skin. Yep sunscreen protects your skin from wrinkles and fine lines.
2. It prevents sunburns. Nobody likes sunburns, apart from the swelling and redness it weakens your skin. The best way to prevent this is to use sunscreen. Liberally.
3. It prevents skin discolorations. We all want even skin tones right? well exposing your skin to the sun without protections is the fastest way to derail that.
4. Just One phrase. The Ozone Layer!. We all know it. The ozone layer is depleting and this means we are exposed to even more harmful rays. Therefore we need to shield our skin
5. Because it's just healthy. Using sunscreen protects all those essential and good proteins needed to keep our skin smooth and healthy.

There you have it! No matter what color/shade/complexion you are, if you are going to be exposed to the Sun, you need sunscreen.
Being African doesn't mean we get a pass on skincare. Black will for sure crack if not taken care of.
                                                                                             Love, Neera

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© Curls Aunaturel. Design by Fearne.