COLOUR ME BOLD | Natalie Pursue:Inspire

12 August 2017

I am no stranger when it comes to colour in the hair. Whether it be in my mane, weaves, wigs or braids I’m not one to normally who just like to settle for 1B. I like to mix it up from time to time. In most instances I’ve picked subtle dark hues, whereas on other occasions it has been blocks of bold colour.




Recently I mixed purple with 1B for twists and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! It then got me thinking about dying my own hair purple, which I have done before in the past… you know the hair-dye times where your hair is so dark the colour only shows up in the sun. I want to go bolder now so I’ve been watching a few YouTube videos/asking for advice on the best way to dye/lighten natural hair. Whilst doing my research I thought it would also probably be a good idea to look for inspiration of HOW I want to colour my hair. So I went to my friend Pinterest and started looking finding these…


Natural hair | purple highlights

Purple natural hair

Grapehead @krates1913  Read the article here - http://blackhairinformation.com/hairstyle-gallery/grapehead-krates1913/

Purple fro!


... and then got carried away looking at other colourful beauties that came up.


natural hair color trends 2016 red kinky curly hair blue natural hair afro purple hairstyle

Found on www.modelmayhem.com via Tumblr > So pretty!    Natural Hair Might Become A Bore But You Can Add Life With Some Funky Colors Like Fushia


Beautiful Afro - http://community.blackhairinformation.com/hairstyle-gallery/natural-hairstyles/beautiful-afro/

@dayelasoul #LuvYourMane #blackisbeautiful #naturalhair #naturalhaircommunity #blackgirlsrock #melanin

The color is everything on her. Stunning


To view more looks, check out my hair Pinterest board here.


If like me you'd like to add a dash of colour to your mane, make sure to do your research. From experience it’s good not to use super harsh dyes and also to be very gentle because of the fragility of natural hair. After care (e.g. deep conditioning and using colour friendly hair products) is also very important to keep your colour vibrant but also prevent dryness and lifelessness in your strands. The last thing you need is to damage the hair you have worked so hard to grow healthily.

Three recommended dyes I have used before that were super kind to my hair - Garnier Olia (Oil based dye), Adore (contains Aloe Vera and can be purchased from any ethnic hair shop) and Henna from Lush. I’ve also heard good things about Manic Panic (Vegan) so may try that at some point.

WORD OF WARNING: It has been said that it's not good to apply hair dye after applying Henna to your hair. Not too sure if this is weeks after or very soon after, so be cautious of that when making any decisions.

Have you dyed your natural hair before? What is your technique? Which dye(s) would you recommend for natural types?

Thanks for reading! Until next time, be bold, be beautiful, be naturel.

Natalie | Pursue:Inspire
x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Curls Aunaturel. Design by Fearne.