DETANGLING CURLS| ELEANOR J'ADORE

4 April 2017

eleanor j'adore - How I've revolutionised detangling all my curlsPin this image on Pinterest
For the last six months I have been fixated with a very cute and compact palm-sized detangling brush, so much so that I can’t believe I haven’t written about it sooner. Be that it as it may, it has made such an impact on my detangling process that I’ve practically ditched my wide-tooth comb and I honestly don’t even know where it is at this stage. This comes somewhat as a shock even to me, seeing as I’ve been a proponent of the wide-tooth comb for detangling curly hair for years now. And every time I saw or heard anything about these tiny detangling brushes I would pretty much scoff it off with a “Pffft, that will never work on all my curls.”
That is until I was sent the original Tangle Teezer in November last year. I remember it sitting on my bathroom cabinet for weeks before I finally decided to pick it up and give it a go. Unbelievably, once I started using it, it literally cut my detangling time in half people. In half. Every natural knows that detangling can be a real pain in the bum, but I’ve honestly found my solution to my detangling woes and I’m going to honest: It’s going to be difficult for me to go back to detangling with a comb only.
Here’s why I love it so much:
  • It’s suitable for all hair types, so it will work on your hair whether it’s kinky, curly, wavy or straight.
  • When I detangle on my wet hair loaded with deep conditioner, it now takes me about 10 minutes in the shower. That’s a far cry from the 20 – 25 minute sessions I used to have.
  • I’m pretty sure that I end up losing less hair after detangling.
  • The brush has a “two-tiered system technology”, which basically means that it has long teeth that detangle and short teeth that smooth the hair cuticle.
  • It fits snugly into the palm of my hand. Like I mentioned before, it’s really cute and compact.
  • It leaves my hair feeling super smooth and soft afterwards, presumably because it smooths the cuticle as I detangle.
The Compact Styler
eleanor j'adore - How I've revolutionised detangling all my curlsPin this image on Pinterest
eleanor j'adore - How I've revolutionised detangling all my curlsPin this image on Pinterest

If you have a look on the Tangle Teezer website you’ll notice that they have quite a few different designs, from The Original to the Salon Elite to the Magic Flowerpot.  Just last week I was sent the Compact Styler, which is a hand-bag friendly design. It’s smaller than the rest and comes with a little back cover to protect the teeth while it’s floating around in your handbag.
What makes this one so unique is that it comes in this funky glittery lip print, a collaboration with quirky London designer, Markus Lupfer. I absolutely love it.
The Original
eleanor j'adore - How I've revolutionised detangling all my curlsPin this image on Pinterest
eleanor j'adore - How I've revolutionised detangling all my curlsPin this image on Pinterest

This is the brush I was sent originally. As you can see, it’s a little bit bigger than the Compact Styler, but still quite small and completely comfortable to use. If you have a close look at the teeth you’ll notice that some of them are a bit bent out of shape because I have been using it that much!
The Compact Styler retails for R290 and is now available online from takealot. It will be available in Clicks from May 2017.
The Original retails for R240 online at RetailBox
Have you ever used one of these tiny detangling brushes before? If you have, let me know how effective they’ve been for you?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Curls Aunaturel. Design by Fearne.