LIMELIGHT: TABITHA TONGOI, FOUNDER OF CRAVING YELLOW | ANAS MUNIRA

28 August 2018

Social media came into our lives and arguably changed it forever. Some would say it's a double-edged sword, well this week's limelight feature seems to have found a balance. Meet Tabitha, Founder of Craving Yellow, a natural hair enthusiast, blogger and entrepreneur.



1. Who is Tabitha and what is Craving Yellow?
Just as in your lovely introduction, I am a blogger, natural hair enthusiast and entrepreneur.
Well, why yellow? Yellow to me is love and sunshine! Craving Yellow began as a blog and most recently morphed into an entrepreneurial venture offers natural hair enthusiasts a range of products best suited for their hair.

2. Did you start out purposefully creating a brand or it's just something that came along the way?
Hehehe not at all! In fact when I began, the blog was a way for me to connect with the world during my time in abroad. Life abroad was quite lonely but the blog helped me connect with the world!
When I made the decision to return home, I explored the idea of creating a subscription box suited for all naturalistas. I took the leap and the results were greater than expected! I'm connecting with my readers in a new way and loving my entrepreneurial journey.


3. What makes you excited to do what you do every day?
The fact that I can help women at home and around the world restore their confidence in wearing out their natural hair and being who they were made to be with no apologies! It warms my heart that my hair journey has inspired young women not just in regards to their hair but also their personal lives. I enjoy interacting with my online community and I always tell my team, Craving Yellow is a relatable brand and because of this, we're here to not only listen to your hair needs but to your personal ones as well!
4. It seems that being a blogger or a social media influencer is the in thing right now, what advice would you give to up and coming bloggers?
What has really helped me stay in tune and focused is staying grounded, particularly in today's harsh social media world. There are so many bloggers out there speaking the same language, but what makes you different? What about you stands out? Stick to that and with time you'll carve out a niche brand for yourself.


5. Being any kind of entrepreneur means working from home sometimes and on your own terms, How do you structure your days to ensure that work gets done?
Time management is key for me. I'm up by 4:30 AM everyday and this gives me ample time to plan my day. I ensure everything I need to do is written out on paper and set aside time to complete my tasks. I then recap at the end of the day to see what worked and what didn't.


6. What has been some of your wow moments so far?
Hehehe that's a tough one! A lot of amazing things have happened in this past year that I've been home. But being back home has been a wow moment in itself! The fear I had coming back has turned into so much hope for the future! So many good things have come from being home! I've reconnected with friends and family and began to build my business. I couldn't be happier!


7. Do you have any plans of going back to the corporate world?
Hehehe I actually have been working for the most part of since I returned back home! I hadn't set my mind on this when I left Australia but once I was back, I thought, why not give it a shot?


8. Would you consider moving again and what country would it be?
I'm always open to new opportunities and if it arises why not? Although, I am looking to settle at home for a while and grow and rekindle old relationships. However, I would love to live in Rwanda! Funny as it sounds, it's a lovely country and I believe there's so much opportunity with its fast growing economy!


9. What's next for Craving Yellow?
Maybe I should start by taking you through what we offer as Craving Yellow. We have 4 products namely; the Craving Yellow Box, Craving Yellow Shampoo Bar, Craving Yellow Satin Bonnet and Craving Yellow Vanilla Buttah. The Craving Yellow Box is a subscription box that contains a selection of products with carefully hand-picked products both locally made products and international products that will help any naturalista either kick-start their journey or create and maintain a hair regimen. This is just the beginning-my team and I are still planning to expand our product portfolio.


10. What would you want Craving Yellow to mean to everyone who comes across the brand?
Firstly, I'd like for them to remember that Craving Yellow is love and sunshine! My platforms are a place for us to interact - whether to et answers to their personal and hair care needs or simply bond as online friends!




You can check out Tabitha on all social media platforms: @cravingyellow and visit her website : www.cravingyellow.com


  

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Curls Aunaturel. Design by Fearne.