The Planner|Anas Munira

17 July 2018

Is this you? You know one of those people who plan and plan, as in they can plan for the whole of Africa and when execution time comes, they freeze.
Don't worry I'm one too, Welcome to the club! There's absolutely nothing wrong with planning, in fact to execute well, you have to plan first. However we have the tendency to not execute, we get stuck in the planning stage, thinking and over thinking, coming up with a million things that could go wrong and then finding solutions to those million things which you guessed right, takes forever and so then we never actually go through with our plans.Today let's call ourselves out. For me I realized fear was at the very core of this behaviour, the fear of failing . I mean you can't fail at something you haven't done right?But not to worry there are ways around this thing.  I am no expert but one thing I do is to be impulsive, now for this to be effective, I literally just do it, no thinking about it or second guessing. 
Another thing is to get friends who will hold you accountable, friends who will make sure that you go through with your plans. You know those friends you don't share plans with because they will hound you till it's done? Yea get you one of those. These are however temporary solutions because eventually there's only soo much others can do and as person might not have that power anymore. So my goal for this year is to make that person me, to make the fear of disappointing myself greater than the fear of failure. Self motivation is the greatest motivation. That is the goal, to master the art of pushing myself past the planning stage, to force myself to execute, to be the person who holds me accountable when I don't go through with those impulsive decisions and most of all to be effective this.

2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© Curls Aunaturel. Design by Fearne.